Looking for effective science teacher professional development that will enhance teaching quality and student achievement? Consider working with the STEP group. Practicing teachers have lauded our approaches. We have completed extensive science teacher professional development with schools, school districts, and through grant/contract funded activities.
STEP faculty members have expertise in several areas (see below). If you would like to discuss potential science teacher professional development opportunities, or learn more about the types of services we offer, contact Dr. Stephen Thompson at email@example.com.
Professional Development Expertise Areas
- Plant Processes (photosynthesis, cellular respiration, transpiration) – Make teaching difficult to understand plant processes interesting and engaging for students.
- Science and Engineering Practices – Whether you want to learn more about the practices generally, or want to explore a particular practice such as modeling in depth we can provide assistance.
- Project-based Learning – Make science more authentic and connected to your community through PBL.
- Nature-based Inquiry – Developing and using natural areas around a schoolyard to support science instruction.
- Engineering Design – Learn about students’ engineering conceptions and how they can be positively enhanced.
We are also open to tailoring science teacher professional development to the unique needs of a given school or district. The STEP faculty members have extensive science teaching experience across settings of all types.